About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working person with high expectations of themselves and others to join our school team as an experienced Teaching Assistant or HLTA. The successful applicant will be based initially in Year 2 working with children working with the class running interventions and guided groups under the supervision of the teachers.
We are looking for :
- HLTAs applying may also be expected to have some whole class cover experience
- good numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and Maths is desirable)
- is enthusiastic and dynamic
- is willing to work as part of a team of teaching assistants
- has high expectations of achievement and behaviour
- can confidently communicate with parents, carers and class teachers.
The contract is fixed term starting 4th November 2019 or soon after, until 17th July 2020 in the first instance depending on funding.
The hours are 27 hours and 5 minutes per week and the pattern of work is 8:50am – 15:20pm, Monday-Friday, term time only. Your Lunch will be 12:05 to 13:10pm.
- a 'good' school (Ofsted 2018);
- a friendly, dedicated and hard-working team; and
- a spacious, well-resourced, popular and over-subscribed school.
The salary quoted is the full time equivalent (FTE) and dependant on qualifications and experience. As this is a part time, term time only position, it is not the actual salary quoted.
Application via the Teach in Herts website. CVs will not be accepted. Visits to the school are recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Pomroy, the Office Manager, by calling 01438 354913.
Broom Barns Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and young people and therefore the successful applicant will be subject to suitable references, medical and DBS checks in accordance with Herts County Council guidelines.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.