About the role
Reflect / Lead / Aspire: do you dare to be different? The children, families and staff team at Maple Cross are seeking a forward thinking, creative and dynamic INCO to lead and drive our SEND across school.
We are looking for a highly organised, therapeutic and passionate candidate to join our support and progressive staff team. The role will be non-class but any successful candidate would be expected to model high quality inclusive practice that enables all children to learn and flourish and enjoy being in classes working with children and teachers/support staff. We seek to develop independent, resilient learners regardless of SEND and other barriers.
- Lead high-quality SEN provision which enables high-quality teaching, excellent learning outcomes and success for all pupils
- Model effective teaching, and coach and train colleagues
- Ensure files and records are accurate including safeguarding
- Take responsibility as a deputy DSP and work alongside other DSPs across school
To secure the highest quality provision for our pupils, our new INCO should have:-
- Up to date and relevant training, experience and qualifications (the National Qualifications for SENCO’s or equivalent).
- A commitment to securing high levels of progress, achievement and self- esteem for all SEND children.
- Ability to implement strategies for raising achievement for pupils with SEND
- Confidence, clarity and decisiveness in making decisions
- The ability to build trust and confidence with parents and staff.
Applications are invited from teachers (on main pay scale or upper pay scale) who have a track record of success in raising achievement for all, academically and socially.
Maple Cross is a popular school that is committed to ongoing improvement and development for pupils and staff. The school is committed to staff well -being.
Maple Cross is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post-holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring check.
*Please note that during the period of school closure due to COVID:19 interviews dates could move or be conducted in alternative ways.
Visits are most welcome and strongly enocuraged. Please check out our school webiste and Twitter (MapleCrossJMI) account to find out more about us.
There are no documents available for this job
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.