About the role
Are you a calm, confident, reliable person with a ‘can-do’ attitude?
Can you work as part of a dedicated team to support students with a range of learning needs?
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated person to join our specialist SEND department as a Lead Learning Assistant for PE & Health. Bushey Meads School provides education for the full ability range of students, including students with varying degrees of physical impairment. We strive to ensure that individual student needs, interests and abilities are recognised and met and encourage all to be independent, resilient and able to make positive life choices.
What we are looking for:
- Someone with a confident understanding of working with young people
- A positive team player
- The ability to work well with teachers and students in the classroom
- An individual with previous experience of working and supporting SEN students within PE
- Willingness to take an active and caring role with regards to the general welfare and attention to students’ physical needs within SEN in particular
Why choose our school?
- We offer support and training based on individual needs
- Teacher training is available to eligible candidates
- Transport links are excellent with the M1, M25, A1 and A41 being close by
- Heavily subsidised childcare at our Little Gems Nursery
- Free gym membership for all staff across the Bushey St James Trust
- Employee Assistance Programme for support and guidance on health, legal and personal matters
The post is for 37 hours per week (excluding unpaid breaks), term-time + 1 week to include 5 INSET days. In the first instance this is a fixed term post until 31st August 2023 with the possibility of extending. The salary range for this post is APT&C point 7-9 plus London Fringe (£20,444pa to £21,269pa + £914pa), paid pro-rata. The actual pro-rata range is £17,408pa-£18,110pa + £778pa.
Full details of the vacancy can be found on our website www.busheymeads.org.uk along with further information about the school. Alternatively, please contact the HR team on 020 8955 8800.
To apply for this post please send in a completed application form along with a covering letter, addressed to Mr J Turner, Executive Principal. Your completed application form and letter should be returned to the school by post or by email to: email@example.com by the deadline. Please note that CVs and late applications will not be accepted and you must have the right to work in the UK.
Closing Date for applications: Tuesday 5th July 2022 (10am)
Bushey St James Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An offer of employment will be subject to a number of pe-employment checks including ID and Right to Work in the UK, satisfactory written references, occupational health check and a successful Enhanced DBS check.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.