About the role
Are you a calm, confident, reliable person with a ‘can-do’ attitude?
Can you work as part of a dedicated team to support students with a range of learning needs?
From November/December 2019 we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated person to join our specialist SEN department as a Learning Assistant. Bushey Meads School provides education for the full ability range of students, including students with varying degrees of physical impairment. We strive to ensure that individual student needs, interests and abilities are recognised and met and encourage all to be independent, resilient and able to make positive life choices.
What we are looking for:
- Someone with a confident understanding of working with young people
- Is a positive team player
- Has the ability to work well with teachers and students in the classroom
- Will take an active and caring role with regards to the general welfare and attention to students’ physical needs within SEN in particular
Why choose our school?
- We offer support and training based on individual needs
- We are a great place to work and are ranked within the top 10 most popular schools in Hertfordshire (School Guru)
- Transport links are excellent with the M1, M25, A1 and A41 being close by
- Heavily subsidised childcare at our Little Gems Nursery
The post is for 33 hours per week (excluding unpaid breaks), term-time + 1 week to include 5 INSET days. In the first instance this is a fixed term post until 31st August 2020. The salary is APT&C point 5 plus London Fringe, paid pro-rata. The actual pro-rata salary is £14,272pa + £663pa.
Full details of the vacancy can be found on our website www.busheymeads.org.uk along with further information about the school. Alternatively, please contact the HR team on 020 8955 8800.
To apply for this post please send in a completed application form along with a covering letter, addressed to Mr J Turner, Executive Principal. Your completed application form and letter should be returned to the school by post or by email to: email@example.com by the deadline. Please note that CV’s and late applications will not be accepted and you must have the right to work in the UK.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 21st October 2019 (midday)
Interviews: To be confirmed
We are committed to safeguarding children and young people. We adhere to stringent recruitment procedures and all post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
‘Our School has a Mind to be Kind’
Aspire to Achieve
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.