About the role
Learning Mentor (H3/4 dependant on experince)
15 Hours Per Week, Term Time Only – H3/4 dependant on experience
We are looking for a Learning Mentor to have an active role alongside our teachers in shaping the pastoral and learning journeys of our children. You will have excellent communication skills, a willingness to learn and the desire to be part of the development of high performing team. Supporting and assisting the teaching staff, with the ability to work on your own initiative, you will be required to bring motivation, energy and patience to the role, supporting the children with their educational, physical, emotional and social development.
This is a great opportunity for someone wishing to pursue a career working with children and potentially moving towards primary teaching. It represents excellent preparation for teacher training programmes. Our ideal candidate will have :
Experience of working with children of the relevant age.
· Commitment to equal opportunity for all.
· Ability to work as a member of a team and promote teamwork.
· First class communication skills, both written and oral and a high standard of written and spoken English.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Independence, resilience and determination.
· Flexible approach and ability to use own initiative.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Understanding of the curricular requirements of the school.
· Ability to make effective use of modern technology to support teaching and learning.
· Commitment to professional development.
We can offer you
· Amazing children with a love of learning
· Excellent behaviour
· Opportunities for professional development
· Committed staff team
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you:
· Contact the school to arrange a visit to see us in action
· Send us your completed application
Lanchester Community Free School is at an exciting point on its journey to “a better future”. We are based in a listed building close to the Watford town centre and are expanding each year by an additional cohort.
In September we will take on a further 60 new children, making a total of 250+ pupils, increasing year on year until we reach our capacity of 420 pupils.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 2nd July 2018
Start date : September 2018 or sooner.
Lanchester Community Free School is committed to providing equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.