About the role
We are looking for an energetic, creative, Learning Support Assistant to join our strong and supportive team, and to assist in one of our KS2 classes.
We have a vacancy for 22 hours a week (Mon-Fri)
We are an outstanding school held at the heart of our village community, and part of Aspire Academies Trust, an established and collaborative Multi Academy Trust (MAT) which includes Hammond Academy, Broadfield Academy (Hemel Hempstead) and The Grove Academy, Knutsford Primary (Watford) and Bedmond Academy (Bedmond).
At Bovingdon Primary Academy, we pride ourselves on a team ethos, promoting the highest standards of learning and achievement for all of our children. We work together to promote a lifelong love for learning. Everything we do is centred around the children and their right to be encouraged, to achieve, to enjoy learning and to succeed in whatever they choose.
Our broad and balanced curriculum is built on three core values:
Respecting individuality and embracing diversity within our community.
Providing limitless opportunities and developing curious minds.
Encouraging personal success and preparing children for future life
- To provide effective support to the teaching staff in order to ensure high quality learning and teaching which enables all pupils to make good progress
- To assist and support teaching staff in the planning and delivery of the curriculum to all pupils
- To provide assistance with pupil welfare whenever necessary
- To promote learning by developing and maintaining effective relationships with pupils
- To provide clerical / administrative support when needed
- To help teaching staff prepare / clear classrooms and assist with the display of pupils’ work
- To liaise with parents and carers, under the direction of the class teacher
- To supervise and provide individual support for pupils with identified special educational needs
- To assist with the development and implementation of individual education plans and personal care programmes
- To deliver and evaluate programmes of work that meet teaching and learning objectives to individuals or groups, within an agreed system of supervision, planning and delivery
- To attend and participate in team meetings as required
- To participate in performance management and professional development as appropriate
- To carry out all duties with due regard to the academy’s policies
- To perform any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Headteacher
What are we looking for?
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of our staff team
- Someone who is organised and takes initiative
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
- Someone who will contribute to the wider life of the school
What can we offer you?
- a welcoming and supportive environment with colleagues and leaders who care about your wellbeing
- access to career development across the expanding Trust, for those who want it, with financial support in attaining relevant qualifications
- the collaborative approach of Aspire Academies Trust, who work in partnership and allow us to reap the benefits of shared knowledge and good practice
- guidance and support from an experienced team at our academy, and from other academies and experts within the MAT
Visits to Bovingdon Primary Academy are warmly welcomed. Please call 01442 406545 to make an appointment. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
The Aspire Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Our interviews will always include relevant questions relating to child protection and/or safeguarding. The successful applicant will be required to undertake vetting checks including a DBS check.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.