About the role
Are you passionate about supporting and encouraging pupils with SEND to achieve their best?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to join our team, supporting a child in Year 6 for their remaining time at Birchwood Avenue.
This will initially be on a fixed-term contract, but likely to have the opportunity to join our growing team of LSAs. They will be able to look beyond what a child, with additional needs, cannot do yet and enable them to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them at Birchwood Avenue Primary School.
The role will be a total of 30 hours per week: 8.35am - 3.05pm, daily (term-time only), including a half an hour lunch duty.
The new LSA will be:
- An excellent role model to inspire and motivate
- Able to articulate and demonstrate a passion for inclusion
- Committed and enthusiastic
- Experienced in supporting individual needs
- Passionate about equality and equity
- Reflective in their own practice
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work as part of a team that is committed to ensuring the best possible start for all children
- Enthusiastic, well-behaved children with a love of learning, and their school community
- A committed staff and governing body
- Opportunities for professional development to ensure your success
- A parent community that is very supportive of the school and its aims
If you are interested in this opportunity at Birchwood Avenue Primary School, we highly encourage you to telephone the school to speak to the Headteacher and/or SENCo to discuss the role further.
Applicants will only be considered with a completed application. CVs are not accepted. Please refer to the job description and person specification when applying to evidence the criteria.
Birchwood Avenue Primary School is committed to providing equal opportunities and fair treatment for all job applicants. We collect employee equality information to help us make sure our policies and working practices are inclusive and non-discriminatory. We ask for all candidates to complete the Equal Opportunities Form, alongside their application.
We also want to ensure we attract a wide range of people in our belief that a diverse workforce is more representative of our county’s children and young people and better tuned into delivering an excellent education for all, irrespective of where they live or their circumstances.
Birchwood Avenue Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.