About the role
We are seeking to appoint a skilled and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to join our strong and successful team. The role involves working across the school supporting pupils with range of special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
The position is for five mornings (08:45-12:00) and five afternoons (13:00-15:15) per week. Although initially a fixed-term contract for one year, this position is linked to funding and may be extended.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working with children with SEND
- Demonstrate nurture and understanding of individual children’s needs
- Support pupils within the classroom to access the curriculum and provide 1-1 interventions (in collaboration with SENCo and class teacher) to develop social skills, communication and language, spellings, reading, etc
- Monitor children’s responses to learning and modify activities alongside the class teacher
- Have strong communication skills to support liaison with external specialists, parents and class teacher
- Be willing to provide intimate care where necessary
Our children are hardworking and extremely motivated, and we have a very supportive parental community. Ongoing quality professional development will be provided in order to develop expertise as needed.
If you are interested, please telephone the school office for further information and/or to arrange a visit. The closing date for applications is midday on Monday 28th September.
Mandeville Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2020).
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.