About the role
Watling View School, St Albans
Learning Support Assistants / Teaching Assistants
30 hours per week, term time only
We are looking to appoint energetic, enthusiastic Teaching Assistants to work with our amazing pupils who have severe learning difficulties (SLD) and profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and Autism. Previous experience with special needs children would be an advantage.
• H3 - H4 depending on qualifications and experience (from £10.01 per hour)
• 30 hours per week, 38 weeks of the year (school term time only)
• 9.00am to 3.30pm, except each Wednesday when all staff work until 4.45pm for training and meetings time
We are proud of our:
• Extraordinary pupils
• Innovative, dedicated staff
• Excellent support and encouragement from Governors and the Senior Leadership Team
• Varied and superb quality professional development (CPD)
• School community that continually strives to improve
• Ethos of focusing on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all pupils and staff
We will offer you:
• A new starter induction programme
• Membership to Herts Rewards, our employee benefits scheme including discounts and cashback for high street shops and online shopping
• Subscription to our comprehensive Healthcare and Wellbeing package
• A varied and ongoing professional development programme (CPD)
• Extensive sick pay from the 1st day of absence (after 6 months service)
• Generous pension provision
• Various staff social events during the academic year
• Optional Childcare Vouchers scheme
• Opportunity to earn overtime for working at our after school clubs
• Annual appraisal programme
• Annual Occasional Day
• Free on-site car park
Watling View is a Good School (Ofsted March 2020), catering for the needs of children and young people with severe and profound and multiple learning difficulties (3 to 19 years in age). A significant number of our pupils have autism. We aim to develop and enhance the potential of our pupils through an ethos and philosophy which emphasises that we are all of equal value as members of an interdependent supportive community.
Watling View is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Appointment to this post is subject to satisfactory clearance of enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, including the barred lists, as well as all other pre-appointment checks in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (2020).
To apply, please click the yellow "Apply for this Job" button in the top right hand corner of this advert and complete the application form.
Visits to the school are usually highly recommended. However, during this unprecedented time, we would recommend calling the school and speaking to the Head. Please call Jo Roberts, School Business Manager on 01727 850560 #6 to arrange a call.
Please do not send CV’s as only completed application forms will be considered. The school website can be seen at www.watlingview.herts.sch.uk.
Interview Date: TBA by via remote video conference
Watling View School, Watling View, St. Albans, Herts, AL1 2NU
Tel: 01727 850560
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.