About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working person with high expectations of themselves and others to join our school team as a Teaching Assistant, working across both Key Stage 1 and 2.
The post is offered on a fixed term contract starting in January/February 2020. There is the possibility, that for the right candidate, this contract could be extended to become permanent. The hours are 20 hours per week and the pattern of work is 8.30am - 12.30, Monday-Friday, term time only. Candidates should also be willing to work half an hour in the dining hall or playground, if required, providing lunchtime supervision.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who:
- has knowledge of the primary curriculum;
- has high expectations of achievement and behaviour;
- has good numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and Maths is desirable);
- can confidently communicate with parents, carers and class teachers; and
- understands and embraces the school's ethos.
- a 'good' school (Ofsted 2018);
- a friendly, dedicated and hard-working team; and
- a spacious, well-resourced, and popular school.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint earlier than the stated closing date should there be a good response to the advert.
If you think this could be the post for you please have a look at our website and the attached job description and person specification before making an application via the Teach in Herts website. CVs will not be accepted. Visits to the school are recommended and can be arranged by contacting the school: head'hillmead.herts.sch.uk or by calling 01279 656876.
Hillmead Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and young people and therefore the successful applicant will be subject to suitable references, medical and DBS checks in accordance with Herts County Council guidelines.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.