About the role
St. Augustine’s School are looking for a caring, patient and committed Learning Support Assistant to join our nurturing and friendly team from September/October.
This position will be for five days a week, Monday – Friday 8.30am -3.30pm on a temporary contract for 1 year, with the potential for the contract to be extended.
We are passionate about achieving the best outcomes for our children and need someone who is equally passionate, kind, creative and with a positive 'can-do' attitude.
Our Learning Support Assistants work in close partnership with class teachers to promote learning for all students. Some experience of working on intervention programmes with individuals and small groups of students would be of benefit.
We are looking for applicants who have the following attributes:
- Able to work both as a member of a team and independently.
- We need someone who is warm, caring, patient and puts the needs of the children first.
- Professionalism and excellent time management skills.
- We need someone to inspire our pupils to be the best learners they can be.
- Competency in English, Maths and the use of Microsoft office and other online systems.
We can offer:
- A friendly and supportive team who work together to bring joy and learning to our children.
- A desire to achieve success for all, pupils and staff, so we have a strong culture of professional development and support.
- We have children who are enthusiastic about their learning, and parents and Governors who are supportive and engaged.
St. Augustine's is committed to safeguarding children and young people and all post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS and references.
The successful applicant will need to be flexible, enthusiastic and patient, and be able to work well as part of a team. In return we offer on going professional development to all our staff in line with our CPD and School Improvement requirements.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.