About the role
LEARNING SUPPORT PRACTITIONER
ONSLOW ST AUDREY’S SCHOOL
Fixed Term to 20th July 2022, Term Time, plus INSET days, 33 hours per week
Part-time or job share considered
Monday – Friday 8.30am – 3.30pm (4pm one day a week)
H3.5, starting salary of £19,650 + £637 fringe allowance FTE (pro rata)
Actual salary including fringe allowance: £15,428.08 per annum
Required as soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint two enthusiastic and motivated candidates to join our existing team of committed and skilled support staff. The ideal candidates will work as part of the SEN team to provide support to those students who need it, either in class, in small groups or on a one-to-one basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our existing support staff at OSA.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to arrange a visit to the school and submit their application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
We would like you to have:
- Commitment to the safeguarding of children
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a secondary school environment as part of a team and build positive relationships
- Minimum of A Level (or equivalent)
- GCSEs grade C or above in English, Mathematics and Science
- Willingness to be adaptable and flexible with good sense of humour
- Be capable of managing difficult situations
- Willingness to undergo training
- ICT skills
We can offer:
- A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school.
- The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships.
- The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement.
- Exceptional professional development opportunities.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
- Please read the attached Appointment Brief before completing your application.
- To apply, complete the My New Term Application Form using the Supporting Statement section of the form to detail your suitability for the role, your motivation for making an application and how your knowledge, experience and training meet the person specification.?
- The vacancy closes on Friday 20th May, 9am, however, early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found.
- Interview date: as soon as possible thereafter
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further, please contact The Recruitment Team on 07917 035962 or firstname.lastname@example.org?
Website: www.onslow.herts.sch.uk. / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
School Address: Old Rectory Drive, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 8AB
Danes Educational Trust Address: C/o St Clement Danes School, Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Tel: 01923 589699 / 07917 035962
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.