About the role
TEACHER (Spanish with French)
PART TIME 0.6 or 0.8 (ideally to include Monday, Wednesday and Friday
START January 2020 for 1 year (Maternity Cover)
Creating tomorrow’s citizens today
Simon Balle All through school is a unique place to work, being one of only 170 all-through schools nationally and the second to be established in Hertfordshire. Working here opens up so many opportunities and the ethos and culture is such that so many people flourish professionally. It is a happy place with highly motivated staff and students who all want to do their very best to see young people succeed. Indeed many staff live locally, send their own children here and have recommended their friends and family to seek employment at the school. Ofsted visited the school in May 2018 and we were recognised as an “Outstanding” school.
We are looking for a creative and dynamic teacher to join our MFL department to teach Spanish (up to GCSE) and French at KS3. The position would suit either an experienced teacher or an NQT.
The successful candidate will have –
- Excellent subject knowledge up to GCSE
- A desire to share commitment to innovation and collaboration.
- The ability to employ a range of teaching and learning strategies to promote active learning
- The energy to inspire, motivate and challenge students
What we can offer you:
- An all through learning community for children aged 4+to 18 years (although still developing)
- A clear vision and purpose, underpinned by strong moral values
- An established supportive staff who share practice and care for each other with well-being at its core
- On site parking
- Extra curricular sporting clubs for staff
And students who: (Ofsted May 2018)
- Display exemplary behaviour; relationships between teachers and pupils are very strong
- Feel safe and cared for by staff
- Are motivated by high quality teaching
- Make exceptionally strong progress in their learning
- Are given a wide range of opportunities and enrichment to develop and flourish
Please use the Simon Balle School application form and we prefer electronic submissions where possible. Electronic versions of the application form are available on our school website at:
Applicants for this post should write a covering letter of application outlining how your experience and training to date will equip you for this role.
Closing date : Monday 7th October 2019 (noon) however candidates are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate. Interviews TBA
Simon Balle is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are also committed to the equality of opportunity for all. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.