About the role
Bovingdon Primary Academy is looking to appoint a Midday Supervisory Assistant to join us as soon as possible. The role is permanent, for 2-3 days per week (12.00-13.30). Monday - Wednesday.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up tables and chairs in preparation for lunch
- Supervise the pupils when they are in the dining room eating lunch, encouraging good social skills and manners
- Clear up the dining room after the lunch break including clearing any food and wrapping left on the tables, wiping the tables and chairs, and sweeping the floor.
- Supervise activities and playground games where appropriate
- Maintain the health, safety, welfare, good conduct and safeguarding of pupils during the break, having regard to special or additional needs
- Setting out and storing equipment
- Encourage pupils to select and eat healthy balanced meals
- Provide a safe environment for pupils to play outside
- Encourage children to be resilient and independent and follow the values of their school
- Ensure the behaviour system is followed and deal with incidents accordingly. Report to senior staff in line with the Academy’s policy
- Provide first aid as required
- Flexibilty to cover Friday shifts in cases of absence
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
- Health and Safety
- Level 1 Safeguarding / Awareness of keeping children safe
- Understanding of the Academy’s Ethos, Vision and Values
- Manual Handling
- First Aid certificate
Training will be provided.
If you would like more information regarding this position or would like to visit the school please contact Danielle Talland via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01442 406545
We reserve the right to set up interviews as applications are received and to remove this vacancy at any time.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.