About the role
We are looking to appoint a Midday Supervisory Assistant to join our fantastic school.
The main purpose of the role will be to supervise the pupils during the lunch break to ensure that they have access to a safe and pleasant environment.
Key responsibilitoes will include:
- Prepare the layout of the tables in preparation for lunch including laying up tables.
- Supervise the pupils when they are in the dining room eating lunch, encouraging good social skills and manners
- Clear up the dining room after the lunch break including clearing any food and wrapping left on the tables, wiping the tables and chairs, and sweeping and/or mopping the floor.
- Supervise activities and maintain the health, safety, welfare, good conduct and safeguarding of pupils during the midday break, having regard to special or additional needs.
- Setting out and storing equipment
- Encourage pupils to select and eat healthy balanced meals
- Provide a safe environment for pupils to play/socialize outside
- Encourage children to be resilient and independent and follow the values of their school
- Ensure the behavior system is followed and deal with incidents accordingly. Report to senior staff in line with the schools policy
- Provide first aid during the lunch period as required
This role is part time (1 hour and 15 minutes per day/5 days per week) and term time only.
This is a fixed term contract until the end of the school year with a view to becoming permanent thereafter.
We look forward to receiving your application!
This post is classed as having a high degree of contact with children or vulnerable adults and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure will be sought through the DBS as part of Hertfordshire County Council’s pre-employment checks. Please note that additional information referring to the Disclosure and barring Service is in the guidance notes to the application form. If you are invited to an interview you will receive more information.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.