About the role
We are looking for a friendly, caring, MSA to join our strong and supportive team, to supervise our children at lunchtimes, both in the dinner hall and the playgrounds. The role is permanent, for 5 days a week, Monday- Friday, 1.5hrs a day from 12.00-13.30pm.
We are an outstanding school held at the heart of our village community, and part of Aspire Academies Trust, an established and collaborative Multi Academy Trust (MAT) which includes Hammond Academy, Broadfield Academy (Hemel Hempstead) and The Grove Academy, Knutsford Primary (Watford) and Bedmond Academy (Bedmond).
At Bovingdon Primary Academy, we pride ourselves on a team ethos, promoting the highest standards of learning and achievement for all of our children. We work together to promote a lifelong love for learning. Everything we do is centred around the children and their right to be encouraged, to achieve, to enjoy learning and to succeed in whatever they choose.
Our broad and balanced curriculum is built on three core values:
Respecting individuality and embracing diversity within our community.
Providing limitless opportunities and developing curious minds.
Encouraging personal success and preparing children for future life
What are we looking for?
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of our staff team to make lunchtimes a positive experience for the children
- Someone who is friendly, approachable and have the ability to communicate effectively with children and adults
- Someone who can consistently model good behaviours
- Someone who is organised and takes initiative
- Someone who is energetic and motivated and able to take a lead in organising activities for the children- both outdoors and on those rainy indoor days!
- Someone who will encourage the children to eat their meals sensibly and to try new foods.
- Someone who will contribute to the wider life of the school
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the pupils when they are in the dining room eating lunch, encouraging good social skills and manners
- Clear up the dining room after the lunch break including clearing any food and wrapping left on the tables, wiping the tables and chairs, and sweeping the floor.
- Supervise activities and playground games where appropriate
- Maintain the health, safety, welfare, good conduct and safeguarding of pupils during the break, having regard to special or additional needs
- Setting out and storing equipment
- Encourage pupils to select and eat healthy balanced meals
- Provide a safe environment for pupils to play outside
- Encourage children to be resilient and independent and follow the values of the school
- Ensure the behaviour system is followed and deal with incidents accordingly. Report to senior staff in line with the Academy’s policy
- Provide first aid as required
If you would like more information regarding this position or would like to visit the school please contact Danielle Talland via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01442 406545
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB CLICK HERE
We reserve the right to set up interviews as applications are received and to remove this vacancy at any time.
There are no documents available for this job
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.