About the role
Are you a highly efficient administrator who enjoys being the first point of contact?
Forest House Education Centre is a hospital school attached to a 16-bed unit for youngsters aged 13-18 with mental health issues. The role is based at Forest House Education Centre, Harper Lane, Radlett, WD7 9HQ. The role is 35-37 hours Term Time Only, plus INSET days, but this may be negotiable for the right candidate.
We’re a small, friendly and committed team looking for a flexible administrator whose responsibilities will include:
- Secretarial/administrative support for the Teacher-In-Charge of FHEC.
- Reception duties, and oversight for the appearance of the school.
- Oversight for pupil admission, discharge, registration and attendance records.
- Financial administration including procurement of Centre resources.
- Administration of public exams (such as GCSEs), for which training will be provided.
- Assisting teaching staff in maintaining oversight for pupil safety and welfare on site.
Our children deserve the best quality professionals to support them towards better mental health, and we look forward to welcoming the commitment, adaptability and ‘can-do’ attitude of the successful applicant.
We strongly believe in the importance of safeguarding our youngsters and colleagues, and everyone who works in the Centre is subject to enhanced DBS checking and two references.
Sounds like the job for you? Informal visits to the Centre are highly recommended; please contact Huw Bucknell to make an appointment on 01923 633241
Please note that we are unable to accept CVs and letters of application. Applicants must complete and submit the application form in order to be considered for the position.
Please ensure that you provide full email addresses for your referees as this is how we request references. Please advise your referees that this information will be required prior to interview.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.