About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time Office Manager in a local community school. Based in Tring, Hertfordshire, the position offers a varied and interesting role for a confident, motivated and competent Office Manager. The Office Manager will co-ordinate and manage our busy school office and the successful candidate will be well organised, flexible and have proven skills in managing a team together with excellent interpersonal skills.
The experienced Office Manager will not necessarily have school experience, although this would be an advantage. However, more importantly, the candidate will need to possess a variety of managerial and office based skills and a ‘can do’ approach to the various challenges of a school day.
- 34.5 hours per week between 8.30 – 4.30 (Term time plus 2 weeks)
The Office Manager will:
- Be responsible for the daily running of the school office
- Provide high quality professional administrative support to the Head Teacher, Assistant Head Teachers, teachers and governing body.
- Be fully involved with the provision of an efficient, warm and welcoming reception area of the school.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and be a supportive and efficient communicator with colleagues at all levels, parents and children.
- Manage the administrative and finance functions within the School.
- Manage a small team to ensure that tasks are completed and prioritised as necessary.
- Possess the necessary skills to work with the Head teacher.
- Ensure that the office offers a welcoming environment for parents, visitors, staff and pupils.
- Experience of working in an office environment at a senior level.
- Good knowledge of ICT packages and systems ~ Word, Power Point, Excel, SIMS
- Evidence of accredited learning at NVQ level 4 or equivalent and as relevant to the position
- Understanding of the school ethos and values
- Finance/Budget management
- Communication skills ~ written and verbal
- Listening skills
- Analytical thinking
This post is classed as having a high degree of contact with children or vulnerable adults and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure will be sought through the DBS as part of Hertfordshire County Council’s pre-employment checks
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.