About the role
1:1 Teaching Assistant Required
Making learning an adventure
We are currently looking for a high-calibre individual to work as a one-to-one teaching assistant supporting a pupil’s individual needs in KS2 for 5 sessions per week (probably afternoons), term-time only. The post represents a unique opportunity to work closely with pupils and teachers to help raise achievement.
High Beeches is a vibrant two-form entry primary school, situated on the eastern side of Harpenden. We are highly aspirational for our pupils. Our distinctive and challenging, creative curriculum enables our pupils to make very good progress. Our well established school values are central to the school’s work. Our pupils are highly engaged and their families are supportive and involved in their children's learning and development.
We have a stable, friendly and supportive staff team and expect you to share our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children.
About the Role
Our teaching assistants are highly focused on ensuring that pupils make excellent progress and achieve well. You will be one of two teaching assistants working one-to-one to support a child with complex needs.
The post provides:
- an opportunity to work in a great team alongside experienced teachers in preparing, delivering and assessing the curriculum.
- an opportunity to take independent responsibility for individual pupils’ learning and well-being.
- a vibrant learning community with highly engaged children and families and dedicated, experienced colleagues.
- a commitment to professional development including opportunities to develop practice and skills by working closely with colleagues and school leaders.
- a pleasant working environment with high quality resources and well planned provision, working within a supportive and collaborative team.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude and a passion for seeing children thrive and achieve. You will have experience of working with children in a school or early years setting on a paid or voluntary basis and further experience of working with children at a higher level of special educational need is desirable.
We want our pupils to be the best, so it is essential that the successful candidates can provide a model of communication, language and numeracy skills. These should be reflected in high expectations of themselves and others as well as in good GCSE’s or at least a relevant level 2 qualification.
If you are a hardworking team player with a desire to improve outcomes for all children, we would love to hear from you. You should be able to follow direction, but will also need to work with initiative and discretion. You will have high degrees of resilience and flexibility and will be able to contribute to our school’s positive ethos.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.