About the role
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our friendly team at Westfield Pre-school in Watford. We are looking for a Deputy Leader, 21 hours per week, to start in May 2018. This position is term time only with the potential for the hours to be increased.
Level 3 qualification in childcare or equivalent
Sound knowledge of EYFS curriculum framework and child development.
At least 2 years’ experience of being a key person and working with 2-3 year olds.
Experience of planning for learning, observations and assessments and completing learning journals.
Effective written and oral communication.
Good ICT skills and knowledge of basic programmes.
- To take responsibility for drawing up long term, medium term and sessional curriculum plans which ensure that each child is working towards the Early Years Foundation Stage; to monitor the effectiveness of the pre-school curriculum.
- Be a key person and be responsible for planning and completing observations and assessments for a group of children.
- Work as part of a team to provide an exciting, stimulating and challenging learning environment
- Work in partnership with parents to support learning and positive relationships.
- Attend training and develop skills and knowledge linked to the role.
You will work in a supportive environment with further professional development opportunities.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to enhanced clearance with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Contact: Hidaya Ahamed, Pre School Manager
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.