About the role
Cuffley School is a 2-form entry primary school, sitting in beautiful grounds. We are seeking a friendly and hands-on school Premises Manager who will be committed and passionate about maintaining the school site in an excellent and safe condition.
The role is for 37 hours per week, which is currently on a split shift basis; however, this is negotiable for the right candidate and we would look at operating this position without the split shift element.
The role is pivotal to the smooth running of the school and amongst other things will include:
- Taking lead responsibility for managing the health and safety of the school buildings and site
- Ensuring the security of the school buildings, site and resources
- Acting as a designated key holder, locking and unlocking the school and site
- Managing school maintenance, both planned and emergency
- Managing site and cleaning staff
- Leading health and safety at school
- Reporting to the School Business Manager, the Headteacher and governors
Please see the job description attached for full details of the role.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Able to work on their own initiative as well as part of the school team
- Positive and enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude
- Ideally, experienced in maintenance/caretaking work in schools
- Proud of their work and keen to make a difference
We can offer:
- A strong staff team eager to work with and support you
- Relevant training
- Opportunities to make the role your own.
If you think this might be you, we’d love to hear from you. Please call the School Business Manager, Lauretta Baker who will line manage this role for an informal chat and answer any questions you might have.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged so that you can see if this is the right place for you. Come and see us!
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.