About the role
Level 3 (or equivalent) or above, Early Years qualification is essential
Experience of leading a preschool would be an advantage
Hours: Up to 30 hours per week
This is a rare opportunity to join a little village preschool in a beautiful rural setting. Our term-time preschool is nestled in Hexton, a ten-minute drive from Luton and Hitchin and five minutes from Barton-le-Clay. We’re a small setting, with spaces for up to 12 children per session, and we pride ourselves on our nurturing ethos. We have plenty of time to get to know each child as an individual. In short, we’re the little preschool with a big heart, and we’re on the lookout for a special person to lead our small team.
- The role will include the following duties:
- Overall responsibility of the setting (supported by the Chair)
- Ensuring the safety of children and staff
- Provide and plan stimulating play experiences meeting children’s individual needs
- To support all aspects of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To ensure the preschool complies with all relevant legislation, local authority and OFSTED requirements
- To ensure good relationships are maintained with families and the local community
- To look after and develop the staff team
- Key person duties
- Administration duties
- To promote and maintain our reputation for providing exemplary practice
- To actively promote our preschool and attract new children as necessary
We would love to talk to you and tell you more! If you are interested please either complete the application form via the TeachinHerts site or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a convenient time to have a chat.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.