About the role
About the role
Mill Lane Pre-school is undergoing a re-organisation and as a result we are looking for an experienced Leader, qualified Level 3 or above in childcare and education to be part of our small friendly team. You must have at least two years proven experience working in an early years care and education setting. We want you to run the pre-school sessions, adhering to Ofsted and safeguarding requirements. You will be managing our team to empower them to deliver the best possible standards of care, education and parent partnership.
Your role as Leader will be to help and support the staff with the children’s learning and development following the EYFS development matters being introduced in September 2021.
Some of your responsibilities as Leader will include the following:-
- To have a good knowledge of the EYFS Development Matters and Ofsted outcomes
- To have a good understanding of safeguarding, Prevent and FGM or designated person training
- To have a good understanding of SEND or SENCO trained
- To have knowledge of HMRC payroll
- To have an understanding of accounting procedures
- To follow and implement all of the policies and procedures set out by the pre-school
- To effectively lead and manage a staff team including recruitment, induction, probation, supervision meeting, appraisals and setting objectives
- To be responsible for implementing systems of observation, tracking and assessment of children’s progress
- The ability to work with parent/carers and families to encourage their involvement and to ensure that each child’s needs are met
- To organise and attend work related meetings e.g. committee, staff, safeguarding and SEND
- To attend courses, updates and reading for your continuous professional development
We are a term time sessional Pre-School and operate, dependant on demand, on the following days: Monday 9.00 – 12. Tuesday 9.00 – 1.00, Wednesday 9.00 – 12.00, Thursday 9.00 – 3.00 and Friday 09.00 – 12.00. Setting up and clearing away time will also be paid. The Leader would be required to work all sessions that we are able to run and this could change slightly each term. The Leader would also be expected to carry out administration work at home for approximately 8 – 10 hours a week.
The salary range is an hourly rate of £11.50 - £12.00 depending on experience.
Contact: Pauline Flowers - Leader
Telephone: 01992466971 – Session Time Only
There are no documents available for this job
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.