About the role
Principal – Hammond Academy
Grow, Believe, Achieve
About the role:
Are you an outstanding and experienced school leader who can lead with strength and confidence to take forward and further develop our school, children and staff? Can you lead with vision, passion and drive to strive for continuous improvement and outstanding results? Do you care deeply about the children and the community in which Hammond is located?
Aspire Academies Trust are looking to appoint an experienced Principal to lead Hammond Academy located in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire. Hammond Academy is located close to junction 8 of the M1 perfectly situated for applicants from Herts, Beds, Bucks or London.
Hammond Academy is a two form entry primary school with a nursery set in lovely, spacious grounds, including a woodland area which is used as a great stimulus for learning. We are looking to appoint a Principal who recognises that the core business of a school is to improve teaching and learning and strives to ensure that teaching is outstanding, providing an enriched and high quality learning experience for every child.
Hammond Academy is part of the Aspire Academies Trust family of 6 schools located in Hemel Hempstead and Watford. There is a well-established and dynamic team of Principals who network and support each other, meeting on a regular basis. The Trust ensures excellent support from a central team of HR, Finance and Premises experts allowing the Principals to concentrate on Teaching and Learning. Principals are supported and line managed by a highly experienced Executive Principal and CEO. Existing Principals relish the opportunities to grow beyond their own school aided by coaching.
The successful candidate will be:
- an experienced Headteacher/Principal
- highly committed to raising standards
- a strong, dynamic and inspirational leader who can motivate staff
- able to communicate and influence on all levels
- able to build and maintain strong, positive relationships with pupils, parents and staff
- someone who thrives on a challenge
- child focused in their approach, putting children at the heart of everything you do
- a team player, who wants to work across the Trust
- committed to embedding the school’s next phase of development
- motivated to impact positively, making a difference beyond your own school and within the Trust
In return we can offer you:
- a real opportunity to make a difference
- a warm and friendly working environment
- positive, happy pupils who enjoy learning and are well behaved
- dedicated staff committed to development and change
- a supportive and fully engaged Local Advisory Body
- support from the Trust central team with the operational running of the school
- a collaborative approach, working in partnership to support the unique identity of each academy, allowing us to reap the benefits of shared knowledge and good practice
- a strong learning environment, evidenced by our learning culture, career ladders and with training
available through our teaching schoo
The staff team are dedicated and passionate about what they do. They work incredibly hard to ensure that our children are not only happy and make academic progress but that they are given the best opportunities and experiences possible. We are lucky to have two dedicated sports coaches who also lead various clubs and have supported the children in entering and winning competitions within the Borough.
We expect the very highest standards of behaviour at Hammond Academy and encourage our children to behave according to our 5 Hammond values: Respect, Honesty, Perseverance, Teamwork and Courage.
We would love you to come and see the school in action, visits are strongly encouraged. Please call 01442 402040 or email our School Business Manager, Liz Gibson to make an appointment Elizabeth.Gibson@hammondacademy.org.uk.
If you would like more information on Aspire Academies Trust please contact Lynn Taylor, Senior HR Officer on 07398 140241 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received on an Aspire Academies Application Form and emailed to Lynn Taylor.
Aspire Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Our interviews will always include relevant questions relating to child protection and/or safeguarding. The successful applicant will be required to undertake vetting checks including a DBS check.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.