About the role
Lonsdale School is a PNI school in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. Our Residential Educational Provision was rated Outstanding in November 2017 and is open Monday to Thursday nights for Upper School students to learn independent living skills. Lonsdale School has state of the art facilities having opened in new surroundings in 2013.
The role comes with an overnight on-call responsibility and as such there is a three-bedroom house available at reduced cost.
The role context is to:
- formulate the aims and the objectives of the Residential Educational Provision (REP) for Lonsdale School whilst taking into account the needs and wellbeing of pupils
- ensure the effective management of staff and resources.
- ensure the provision maintains a minimum Good Ofsted rating and is delivered within the allocated budget.
- be responsible for establishing innovation and progress within the provision
- be the operational lead, contributing to the whole school strategic planning and vision.
This role will effectively manage all aspects of the Residential Educational Provision, within the National Minimum Standards. In addition, the REP Manager will have an operational role in the development of care, and the Residential Educational Provision across the school and act as the designated member of staff, alongside the three Designated Senior Persons, for Safeguarding and Child Protection.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: H8/9 £26,470-£33,136 on-call allowance £2,574
SEND in residential or school setting: 2 years (Required)
- Managerial in childcare: 2 years (Required)
Certificate of Higher Education (Required)
The law requires this position to have an enhanced criminal background check. This is to protect children and vulnerable adults and to safeguard positions of trust. The position is therefore exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. If your application is taken further you will be asked to declare details of any criminal record, even convictions that are 'spent' according to the act. If you are offered the post this information will be checked against DBS. You will be provided with full information at each stage.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.