About the role
Aspire Academies Trust are a MAT with 6 close knit schools based in Hemel Hempstead and Watford.
Bovingdon Academy is seeking to appoint a School Administrative Officer. The purpose of the role is to lead and manage the school’s administrative systems, to manage the school office including the admin staff and functions. To support the Principal in all of the school’s activities. To liaise with the Trust Central Team regarding finance, HR and facilities. The post holder will report directly to the Principal.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Manage the school office, staff and administrative functions on a day to day basis.
- Be responsible for admin staff performance management.
- Allocate admin duties to the office staff.
- Completion of School Census and School Workforce Census.
- Maintain and update the school website in liaison with the IT contractor.
- Arrange staff cover in liaison with SLT.
- Input purchase orders, match delivery notes/invoices, code invoices and pass Central Finance Team for processing.
- IR35 checks on contractors.
- Process contract changes, resignations, maternity leave and end of fixed term contracts.
- Recruitment of new staff including onboarding paperwork, DBS check and induction.
- Oversee maintenance of the Single Central Record.
- Operation of the Remote Timesheet Entry system in accordance with payroll deadlines.
- Maintain the personnel database.
- Up-keep of school inventory.
- Preparation of Business Continuity Plan.
- Liaison with the named IT provider.
The successful candidate will have excellent organisational skills, the ability to multi-task, have great communication skills and the ability to maintain a calm demeanor in a busy environment.
Knowledge of school administrative functions and previous experience of working in a similar environment are desirable. Good working knowledge of ICT packages Word and Excel are essential.
The advantages of working for Aspire Academies Trust are a collaborative approach, the opportunity to network with other colleagues in the same role and the opportunity to progress within the Trust. A daily free meal at lunchtime is offered to all staff.
Aspire Academies Trust takes the welfare and safeguarding of children seriously and the sucessful candidate will need to untertake an enhanced DBS check and provide satisfactory references.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.