About the role
Highwood is a two form entry primary school looking for an enthusiastic governor to join our friendly governing body.
We currently support over 400 pupils and 60 staff and have openings for two new governors.
The governing body are responsible for carrying Highwood forwards, challenging and supporting the school to operate effectively in line with the responsibilities defined by the stakeholders. Members are expected to question and challenge leadership and hold them to account. This is a position to start in September 2021 with a term of four years.
Effective governance is based on six key features:
- Strategic leadership that sets and champions vision, ethos and strategy.
- Accountability that drives up educational standards and financial performance.
- People with the right skills, experience, qualities and capacity.
- Structures that reinforce clearly defined roles and responsibilities. Compliance with statutory and contractual requirements.
- Evaluation to monitor and improve the quality and impact of governance.
The governing body meet six times over the academic year. The meetings take place in the evening via video conferencing in line with the current Covid 19 guidelines. You will be expected to attend the meetings, comment on reports and policies and visit the school to see first hand the impact of our work.
If you would be interested in hearing more information about our vacancies please contact Mrs Jo Johnson, email@example.com
Highwood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicants will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check and provide character references.
This is a voluntary, unpaid role.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.