About the role
Summary of role:
The role of the School Nurse is to provide first aid, emergency treatment, health and general welfare support to both boys and staff.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake new pupils’ induction including medical assessments
- Undertake medical health screening of new staff as part of the on-boarding process
- Undertake pregnancy risk assessments
- Maintaining health and medical records to a high standard ensuring accurate and confidential information recording for pupils on the School’s system (ISAMs); recording administration of medication, including Controlled Drugs; transferring and archiving of pupil records when they leave school
- Provision of First Aid cover by treating and dealing with accidents, injuries and emergencies during the School day
- Co-ordinate, document and supervise the immunisation programmes in conjunction with the local health authorities
- Monitor stock control of Surgery clinical supplies and First Aid equipment and report requirements to Head Porter
- Member of the School’s Safeguarding Team completing Level 3 Safeguarding training
- Attend RFU medical training on immediate care in sport as and when required
These duties and responsibilities are intended as a guide only. The School Nurse will be expected to undertake any reasonable task or responsibility as requested by the Bursar.
15% employer contribution to a defined benefit pension scheme (Contributory)
Life cover 4 x annual salary and income protection.
Access to a flexible benefits in lieu of pension contribution
(all of the above subject to eligibility criteria)
Use of School leisure facilities, including pool, gym and lake.
Lunch provided free of charge when the School Catering Department is open
Free parking on site.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.