About the role
We are seeking to appoint a science technician who will support the practical and technical aspects of the science curriculum by preparing, providing, maintaining, organising and managing the resources required for the appropriate practical activities to be carried out by staff and students. We are looking for the successful applicant to work 30 hours per week and in term time only.
Some of your time may be spent preparing the GCSE and A Level Chemistry practicals so although not essential, it would be advantageous to have some knowledge of these.
• Relevant science-based qualifications or experience
• Happy to work alone as well as part of a busy team
• Willingness to learn new things
• Good ICT skills
• Adaptable to the many various tasks that the role entails
• Excellent interpersonal skills and listening skills with a commitment to helping
• Able to react knowledgeably in potentially hazardous situations
• Keen interest in keeping up to date with current best working practices
• Previous experience of working in a school science prep room or a science lab
• Knowledge of GCSE and A Level Chemistry practical requirements
The Knights Templar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please make your application using the support staff application forms on the school website. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a covering letter by 9am, Tuesday, 5th July 2022.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Closing Date: 9am, Tuesday, 5th July 2022.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.