About the role
Billy is a happy, delightful 4-year-old boy who has autism. Billy has attended our school since nursery. He enjoys school and needs some support to access the curriculum and to help him develop his social skills. Could you be the person who could help Billy to reach his potential?
We would like to employ a 1:1 teaching assistant to work for 16 hours per week, term time only, at our small, friendly village school, working within our Early Years team and providing support to Billy. The hours for this role would be Monday to Friday 12:30-3pm, plus Wednesday morning 8:30-12pm.
We are looking for:
- a patient, warm and caring person who enjoys spending time with children and helping them learn and grow in confidence
- a flexible individual who can use their initiative
- somebody who would be committed to ensuring Billy makes the best possible progress
- a team member with good communication skills who will support the class teacher in ensuring that teaching meets the needs of all children
- someone with good spoken English
We can offer:
- a supportive team who work closely together
- relevant training
- amazing, well-behaved children
- a caring ethos, where all our procedures and practices are based on our values of Respect, Love, Forgiveness, Trust, Peace, Wisdom and Hope.
We would normally encourage visits to see our beautiful school and welcoming team but this is not possible in current times. Instead, we would encourage you to phone the school and speak to our headteacher for more information.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expect all members of staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check and provide suitable references. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religion. Applications will only be accepted using the official HCC application form.
Please contact our headteacher, Dorothy Marlow or our deputy headteacher, Sam Williams for more information.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.