About the role
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Learning Support Assistant to work for 28.75 hours per week from September 2021 during term time only at our small, friendly village school. The post will involve working for three days per week with a child in Year 1 and two days per week supporting children in other year groups as directed by the headteacher and/or SENCO.
The hours for this role would be Monday to Friday 8:45am – 3.00pm and this job is initially being offered on a one-year temporary contract. However, there is potential to extend this period depending on the needs of the child being supported and the continuation of funding for the child being received.
We are looking for a candidate who is:
- patient, warm and caring and who enjoys spending time with children, helping them learn and grow in confidence
- flexible and can use their initiative
- committed to ensuring children make the best possible progress
- a proven team member with good communication skills
- someone with good spoken English
We can offer:
- a very supportive team who work closely together
- relevant training where appropriate
- fabulous, well-behaved children
- a caring school, where our practices are based on our Christian values of Courage, Appreciation, Respect, Peace, Responsibility and Love
We encourage visits to see our wonderful school but do request that when visiting, a face covering is worn at all times.
At Bayford CofE Primary School, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and staff. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and supply suitable references. Applications will only be accepted using the official HCC application form.
Please contact our headteacher, Malcom Foster for more information.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.