About the role
Fairfields Primary School and Nursery is a “Good” School (Ofsted rated 2017)
Position: SEN Teaching Assistant – Part time 23.75 hours per week -Term time only
Grade: H2 – £18,562.00 – 19,312.00 (FTE) the salary quoted is the full time equivalent (FTE). As this is a part-time, term time only position, the actual salary with be prorated
Contract: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Hours of Work: 9.15 am – 3.15 pm Monday to Friday term time only
Start Date: September 2021
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working person with high expectations of themselves and others to join our school team as a SEN Teaching Assistant supporting our Key Stage 1 children. The role is to work on a 1:1 basis with 2 children with social and communication needs.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who:
- has knowledge of the primary curriculum;
- has high expectations of achievement and behaviour;
- has good numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and Maths is essential)
- has or is working towards a level 2 or 3 education based diploma (desirable)
- has experience of working with children with SEND (desirable);
- can confidently communicate with parents, carers and class teachers; and
- understands and embraces the school's ethos.
- a 'good' school (Ofsted 2017);
- a friendly, dedicated and hard-working team; and
- a spacious, well-resourced, popular and over-subscribed school.
If you think this could be the post for you, please take a look at our website and the attached job description and person specification before making an application via the Teach in Herts website. CVs will not be accepted.
Please note that we reserve the right to bring the closing date forward should sufficient suitable candidates apply before the deadline.
Fairfields Primary School & Nursery is committed to safeguarding children and young people and therefore the successful applicant will be subject to suitable references, medical and DBS checks in accordance with Herts County Council guidelines.
ONE COMMUNITY. VALUING EVERYONE. SUCCEEDING TOGETHER
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.