About the role
Do you dream of supporting SEND children?
We are a mainstream primary school and are looking to recruit a hard-working SEND teaching assistant, who is willing, confident and ready to make a difference to a child with visual impairment, physical and learning needs currently in Year 5.
We are looking for a member of staff who understands and can support a child with multiple needs at the top end of Key Stage 2. You will be working with our SEND Lead, professionals from VI and Lonsdale alongside the class teacher and current TA to provide the best possible care and communication friendly environment for this pupil.
What we need:
- Patient, empathetic and willing to support communication and learning using practical resources.
- A passion for nurturing a SEND child within a mainstream classroom.
- Ability to work as part of a team to proactively deliver high quality learning opportunities.
- Qualifications in English and Maths.
We can offer:
- An approachable and supportive teaching team
- Induction programme
- Opportunities for professional development
- Warm and friendly staff, pupils and parents
This post is from Monday to Friday 11.45am – 3pm, term time only and is a fixed term contract. The closing date will be Tue 20th Oct at 12pm and interviews will be held on Friday 23rd Oct with a view to the successful candidate starting in November.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed to experience the nurturing ethos of our team. If you would like to organise a visit, email Mrs Alison Barr on email@example.com to arrange a convenient time.
The Leys Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.