About the role
Are you a highly motivated and enthusiastic SENDCo? We are looking for a committed new team member to work with our Inclusion Team at The Grove Academy. Applications will be considered from candidates seeking a part time role working a minimum of three days per week.
You will need the knowledge, vision, courage and personal qualities to build on the school's achievements and successes to support it moving onto the next phase of development. The successful candidate may already hold the SENCo Award or might be working towards the qualification with a thorough understanding of SEN policies and procedures. An SEN allowance is available dependent on experience.
The successful candidate will:
- work collaboratively with the Inclusion Team and Principal at The Grove, as well as others across Aspire Academies Trust in promoting a shared vision
- be responsible for monitoring provision for students with Special Educational Needs, Education Health Care Plans (EHCPs) and students with disabilities.
- be an outstanding teacher, passionate about children’s learning and welfare and with high expectations for all learners.
- be an exemplary role model with strong leadership and organisational skills who can nurture and inspire, challenge and motivate both pupils and staff
- passionate about providing a high quality and inclusive education for all children
- able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with pupils, staff and parents
- positive, enthusiastic, committed and self-motivated
- able to work effectively as part of a team, accept challenges and motivate others
- able to enthuse and inspire a love of learning for all
- able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of the national curriculum
- demonstrate a solid understanding of the SEN Code of Practice
- a clear communicator with all stakeholders
- able to lead training for staff to develop their expertise in supporting pupils with SEND
- able to analyse SEND data to ensure good progress and targeted interventions are having the right impact
We can offer you:
- An excellent environment in which to successfully develop your career
- The guidance and support of an experienced Principal, Assistant Principals and staff teams
- The benefits of working collaboratively with colleagues
- Early leadership opportunities
- An investment in your CPD and opportunities across the Aspire Academy Trust
Our Multi Academy Trust was formed in September 2014, and incorporates Hammond, Bovingdon, Bedmond, Broadfield, Knutsford and The Grove Academies, along with a well-established Teaching School.
The Trust can offer:
- An exciting opportunity to be part of an expanding organisation with high aspirations
- The opportunity to truly mould and grow alongside our planned organisational growth
- A strong learning environment, evidenced by our learning culture and our teaching school
- The opportunity to help drive the Trust, its employees and its practices towards future excellence
- Collaboration of good practice across the Trust schools
- Have a teaching school as part of the Trust offering excellent training opportunities
- The ability to progress with the Trust schools to leadership posts
- Free meal offered daily to all Trust staff
- Employee Assistance Programme
The Aspire Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Our interviews will always include relevant questions relating to child protection and/or safeguarding. The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact Mrs Kelly on 01923 674463.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.