About the role
- Do you have a passionate conviction that all children can achieve no matter what they have experienced or done previously?
- Do you start with the child and develop learning opportunities that fit around them rather than expecting them to fit within a rigid and narrow model of learning?
- Are you creative and do you look for new and different ways to engage children with learning so that they are able to progress?
- Do you have high expectations of every child and accept no restriction on what is possible for all children in your care?
- Do you provide a warm, welcoming and inclusive environment where children are treated as individuals without judgment or comparison and where relationships that are trusting, secure, safe and supportive are built as a priority?
At Haywood Grove our children are given the freedom to explore their emotions and existing social behaviours so that these can be unlearnt and adapted by modelling, coaching or teaching alternative and more appropriate behaviours. We believe that our children can learn to control their behaviour from within and become less reliant on the external control found in traditional systems of sanction and reward and often, the use of physical intervention.
We are opposed to the traditional notion of punishment and control and as a specialist provision believe that we need to do things differently.
Haywood Grove School is looking for like-minded, creative and enthusiastic Senior Learning Mentors who are able to answer yes to these questions. You will need to be highly organised, flexible, and imaginative in your approach to supporting and helping children with the most challenging social, emotional and mental health difficulties. Our aim is to enable every child to enjoy their learning, develop confidence and achieve their potential.
This is a 52 week post.
We will offer you a high quality environment, great team support, excellent resources and training opportunities.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Feel free to browse our website:
Our school is committed to keeping our children safe, and therefore an enhanced DBS will be required for this post.
For further information and an application pack, please download forms directly or contact the school office on: 01442 250077.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.