About the role
We are looking to appoint a friendly, hardworking and reliable Senior Midday Supervisor to manage our team of midday assistants and support and supervise children at lunchtime in the dining hall and in the playground; to encourage good manners, appropriate behaviour and social interaction skills.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working with children or young people (paid or unpaid) within the last two years.
- Ability to supervise and organise a team of staff.
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills including GCSE English and Maths (A-C)
- Ability to inspire trust and confidence in children and encourage high standards of pupil behaviour at all times
Key aspects of the role include:
- Managing our team of midday supervisor assistants
- Allocate duties to midday supervisor assistants and arrange cover for any absences.
- Act as a point of contact for any behaviour or safeguarding incidents that need to be escalated by the midday supervisor team.
- Train new team members as part of their induction.
- Oversee the supervision of activities and maintain the health, safety, welfare, good conduct and safeguarding of pupils during the midday break.
- Liaise with colleagues on how to meet any individual pupil needs (e.g. SEN).
The hours of work are 11.00 - 1.15 Monday to Friday (11 hours 15 miutes per week) term time only.
The salary quoted is the full time equivalent (FTE). This is a part time role and the approximate salary is £4900 per annum.
For further details please email Emma Geurts, School Business Manager, Hobbs Hill Wood Primary School: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hobbs Hill Wood Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and young people and therefore the successful applicant will be subject to suitable references, medical and DBS checks in accordance with Herts County Council guidelines.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.