About the role
Studlands Rise First School is a 1-form entry school in the centre of Royston. The school prides itself on inspiring, challenging and supporting children in order to achieve their full potential and is at the heart of the community. The school itself is an amazing learning space, which provides children with great learning opportunities throughout their time at the school.
Your new role
The role is a permanent position, for between 20-25 hours per week (flexible for the right candidate). The working days are negotiable, however, the agreed hours must be split over at least 4 days per week. It would also be beneficial if some flexibility with your working days could be offered from time to time to accommodate site work, contractors, emergencies etc. There will be some requirements to work during the school holidays, although there is a degree of flexibility for the right candidate.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a highly organised individual to help create, maintain and manage a safe learning environment for our young people. You will have a keen eye for detail to ensure our facilities are safe and well maintained.
The successful candidate will be a committed team player with excellent organisational and technical skills. You will have the ability to effectively problem solve and complete tasks to a high standard.
Experience of working in an educational setting is desirable but not essential.
You will have:
- An understanding of the main Health and Safety Regulations, including COSHH and risk assessment, and how they apply in a school environment
- Experience of carrying out building maintenance work, within the reasonable capacity of a normal handyperson
- The ability to identify work priorities and manage own workload, whilst ensuring that lower priority work is kept up to date.
- The ability to ensure the appearance and security of the school are maintained at all times.
- Basic knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
If you would like to have an informal discussion prior to applying for the position please contact Nikki Wilby (Headteacher) on 01763 243930.
We are committed to safeguarding and all posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Closing date: 15th March 2024
Interviews: week beginning 25th March
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.