About the role
Welwyn St Mary's is a large, popular village Church of England school with well-motivated children, a very supportive staff team and a wonderful learning environment. We wish to appoint a full time KS2 Class Teacher for one academic year in the first instance, to cover maternity leave from September 2018. As a two-form entry school you will have the support from our colleagues and an experienced Senior Leadership Team.
The Headteacher and governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed classroom teacher who is able to work cooperatively in the staff team and become involved in all aspects of school life. The successful candidate is likely to:
- be an excellent teacher with high expectations of pupil achievement
- be well organised with good interpersonal skills
- have a good knowledge and understanding of primary education and commitment to assessment for learning
- have an imaginative and caring approach which values and addresses the needs of each pupil
- be sympathetic to the aims and ethos of a Voluntary Aided Church of England school
We welcome applications from newly qualified and experienced teachers. Welwyn St Mary's Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and young people and therefore the successful applicant will be subject to suitable references, medical and DBS checks in accordance with Herts County guidelines.
If you would like more information about our school please visit our website www.welwynst-marys.herts.sch.uk.
Visits are welcomed to our award winning school.
Please note that the application deadline is 9.00 am on 16th April 2018.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.