About the role
“You are rightly proud that The Marlborough Science Academy is a caring, welcoming school in which pupils are safe and learn in a calm environment.” OFSTED
Maintained as a “Good” School in February 2018
Part Time Teacher of Science (2.5 days per week)
The Marlborough Science Academy
St Albans Herts AL1 2QA
Salary according to Teacher Pay Scale (fringe rate)
Part Time permanent contract starting 1st September 2021
We are looking to appoint a Part time Teacher of Science to continue to promote this highly valued subject with our students. You will have the opportunity to teach Science from KS3 - KS4 and Chemistry to KS5 and will be part of a stable and supportive Science faculty.
We are looking to appoint a colleague who:
- Has passion for their subject and thoroughly enjoys their teaching
- Has a genuine regard and respect for young people
- Enjoys professional development
- Will embrace our culture and ethos which is important to us
Our school will provide:
- A strong, friendly Science team with a good track record in offering support
- A strong culture of professional development
- A fantastic group of students to teach and inspire
- A successful and thorough induction programme
- A school committed to well-being and with work life balance
If you like the sound of the above, we want to hear from you. We offer a fringe salary rate and continuous service recognition for colleagues transferring from a school in the Herts LEA area.
The school supports and promotes the safeguarding of children and is an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview.
This vacancy will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and will require the candidates to evidence the right to work in the UK.
To arrange a visit contact Ann Tyson, HR Assistant by email email@example.com or for more details phone 01727 731395. Completed application and person spec forms to be sent to Ann Tyson HR Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org by the close date and time.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.