About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working person with high expectations of themselves and others to join our school team as a Teaching Assistant in Key Stage 1 providing 1:1 support. The pattern of work is 20 hours per week worked 08.45-12.00 Monday-Friday plus some afternoons from 1-3.10pm. Experience of working with children with special educational needs would be an advantage.The contract is fixed term, with no end date, until the child leaves the school or until statemented funding changes or ceases, whichever is the sooner.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who:
- is enthusiastic and dynamic;
- is willing to work as part of a team of teaching assistants in Key Stage 1;
- has high expectations of achievement and behaviour;
- has good numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and Maths is desirable); and
- can confidently communicate with parents, carers and class teachers.
- a 'good' school (Ofsted 2018);
- a friendly, dedicated and hard-working team; and
- a spacious, well-resourced, popular and over-subscribed school.
The salary quoted for this role is the full time equivalent. As this role is part time hours and term time only, the actual gross salary will be approximately 45% of the full time equivalent.
If you think this could be the post for you please have a look at our website and the attached job description and person specification before making an application via the Teach in Herts website. CVs will not be accepted. Visits to the school are recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Nicola Fulcher, the School Business Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hobbs Hill Wood Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and young people and therefore the successful applicant will be subject to suitable references, medical and DBS checks in accordance with Herts County Council guidelines.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.