About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working person with high expectations of themselves and others to join our school team as a Teaching Assistant in Key Stage 2, supporting a year 4 class. The post is offered on a permanent contract starting in November 2019. The hours are 28.75 per week and the pattern of work is 8.40am - 15.20, Monday-Friday, term time only. Candidates should also be willing to work half an hour in the dining hall or playground, if required, providing lunchtime supervision on 3 days per week.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who:
- has knowledge of the primary curriculum;
- has high expectations of achievement and behaviour;
- has good numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and Maths is desirable);
- can confidently communicate with parents, carers and class teachers; and
- understands and embraces the school's ethos.
- a 'good' school (Ofsted 2018);
- a friendly, dedicated and hard-working team; and
- a spacious, well-resourced, popular and over-subscribed school.
The salary quoted is the full time equivalent (FTE). As this is a part time, term time only position, the actual salary is approximately 64% of the FTE.
If you think this could be the post for you please have a look at our website and the attached job description and person specification before making an application via the Teach in Herts website. CVs will not be accepted. Visits to the school are recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Nicola Fulcher, the School Business Manager, at email@example.com or by calling 01442 401222.
Hobbs Hill Wood Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and young people and therefore the successful applicant will be subject to suitable references, medical and DBS checks in accordance with Herts County Council guidelines.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.