About the role
We are looking to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant to join our supportive and friendly team. The post is for 5 mornings and 5 lunchtimes. This is a fixed term contract until end July 2020 but could be made permanent for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will need to be enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated to making a difference to children's learning. You will need to enjoy working with children and be passionate and committed to helping children develop as independent and confident individuals. This role will help support pupils to access all aspects of learning and self-help skills. You may also be delivering small group interventions. You will work closely with the class teacher, SENCO and Head of School.
You will need to have a GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths and a high standard of written and spoken English
We are looking for an individual who:
- Is a committed practitioner with high expectations of our children and of themselves
- Is passionate about teaching and learning and has the ability and dedication to become an outstanding member of our team
- Is hardworking, a team player and has a sense of humour
- Is able to work on their own initiative and manage and organise their time effectively
- Can confidently communicate with parents, carers and class teachers to keep them informed of a child's/pupil's progress
In return we offer the successful candidate:
- A positive and caring working environment
- A friendly, dedicated, and supportive staff team
- A well-resourced working environment
- Excellent opportunities for career development
- Investment in CPD
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS). Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.