About the role
Are you an experienced teaching assistant who understands the importance of relationships, believes that all behaviour is communication, and knows how to inspire children so they can achieve? If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking an excellent, full-time teaching assistant to work alongside the class teacher. The role will include supporting children's learning in the classroom, running and monitoring the impact of interventions, supporting children with SEND and EHCPs, and managing behaviour in a therapeutic manner.
The role could be based in Early Years or KS1 dependent on experience and skills.
We are looking for someone who has experience of working in classes with children who have SEND and challenging behaviour.
At Hollybush, we pride ourselves on knowing our children inside out. We believe in the power of relationships, and providing children with secure attachments throughout their time with us. We are looking to appoint someone who knows how to build high quality relationships with children to get the best out of them, to make them feel safe, secure and to have high expectations of their learning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be an advocate for the children you work with, and understand that all behaviour is communication, unpicking triggers for challenging behaviour and developing preventative strategies
- To work with the class teacher to support pupils with their learning and be able to use initiative to adapt tasks where necessary
- To assist with the range of education activities designed to meet the needs of the individual or small group of pupils to whom you are from time to time assigned
- To work as part of a team to support the needs within the classroom
- To adopt and follow all school policies including the school's therapeutic approach to managing behaviour
- To work closely with the class teacher and SENDCo to develop strategies to support the needs of all pupils within the class
- To undertake any other duties within the competency of the post as determined by the Head teacher
- To feel confident in leading the class in the absence of the class teacher, sometimes at short notice
Skills and Competencies:
- Experience of successfully supporting children with a range of SEND and behavioural needs is essential.
- Understanding the importance of relationships and the impact of adverse childhood experiences on children's behaviour is a must.
- Experience in Hertfordshire STEPs is preferred but not essential. A therapeutic approach to behaviour is a must. Experience of deescalating anti-social behaviour in a therapeutic manner is a must.
- Experience delivering phonics sessions is preferred.
What we can offer:
- A supportive environment and senior leadership team
- A primary school that is part of the local community and well respected for the support it provides families
- A school that values each and every pupil and caters for their individual needs
- A fun and friendly teaching team
- Opportunities for professional development and training, specific to the children you are working with
We would love for you to visit our friendly school and meet our lovely children. Please call the school office and ask to speak to Mrs Cracknell or Miss Borgeat for any further information. Feel free to call us for a chat about the role at any point.
We reserve the right to interview as applications are submitted, even if this is before the closing date.
There are no documents available for this job
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.