About the role
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”.
Broadfield Academy is a two-form entry primary school set in spacious and attractive grounds - near the town centre of Hemel Hempstead. Broadfield and is part of the Aspire Academies Trust. The Trust currently supports a family of 6 close-knit schools in Hertfordshire.
We have a well-resourced learning environment - both inside and outside. The Broadfield team are warm and welcoming and dedicated to school improvement.
We are looking for a year 2 teacher who will inspire our pupils, nurture their emotional well-being and help them to develop the independence, resilience and confidence, to get on in life.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Hold pupil wellbeing at the heart of their practice.
- Demonstrate excellent classroom practice, including thorough and effective summative and formative assessment for learning.
- Provide inspiring learning experiences that will meet the requirements of the curriculum and children.
- Use a range of strategies for teaching and learning.
- Be responsible for the effective management of children and staff, encouraging them to develop their self-confidence, independence and learning behaviour.
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils in line with Statutory Requirements.
- Supervise the work of support staff who are assigned to work within the class.
The Trust can offer:
- A dedicated partnership with West Herts Teaching School to support continuous professional development.
- Mirroring of local authority benefits linked to your length of service; you won't miss out on sick pay or leave entitlements.
- A strong learning environment, evidenced by our learning culture, career ladders and with training available through our teaching school.
- Support and encouragement throughout your career with access to career development opportunities across the expanding Trust for those who want to take them.
- Our collaborative approach, working in partnership to support the unique identity of each academy, and allowing us to reap the benefits of shared knowledge and good practice.
Visits are warmly welcomed, please contact Mrs. Paula Osborne, School Business Officer, for more information or to arrange a visit by email: email@example.com or call 01442 262103. Applications can also be sent to the above email address.
We are committed to safeguarding children and young people. Our interviews will always include relevant questions relating to child protection and/or safeguarding. The successful applicant will be required to undertake vetting checks including a DBS check.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.