The Leadership Recruitment Service
Ben Fuller Recruitment from Herts for Learning on Vimeo.
The Leadership Recruitment Service
Recruiting and selecting the right people is fundamental to the success of any organisation, and poor recruitment decisions can leave a lasting detrimental impact, which can take a considerable amount of time to rectify.
Our team combines a wealth of educational expertise with specialist HR advice to help you through the appointment of a new Headteacher or school leader.
We offer bespoke recruitment support to senior leadership positions across all phases, offering different levels to suit the needs of your panel. Working closely with Governing Bodies, Academy Trusts, Local Authorities, School Improvement Partners, Church Dioceses and Independent School Boards, we deliver successful leadership appointments in Hertfordshire and beyond, with an average of 50 appointments each year.
Expert guidance and support throughout the process, tailored to meet the needs of your school and panel, including:
- initial meeting to understand your needs and context, and to agree key competencies
- development of detailed job description, person specification and candidate pack
- marketing support to help target the best candidates through a range of channels, including our dedicated Teach in Herts website
- a process centred around safeguarding and safer recruitment
- shortlisting facilitated and followed up by our team
- references and safeguarding declarations obtained
- specialist assessment tools and resources developed to assess agreed competencies
- psychometric testing available where required
- timetable prepared for assessment day, panel packs and candidate packs provided
- support through the offer and appointment stage and help to arrange induction as needed
- constructive feedback provided to all candidates for their positive continued development
- administrative support throughout to ensure the process is fair, robust and inclusive
- additional training available for your recruitment panel and/or appointee as needed
- access to our extensive professional network for support with any interim arrangements
Our full service includes a dedicated advisor who looks after the process for you from start to finish, including chairing your shortlisting meeting and planning and delivering your assessment day(s) on-site.
For those who feel able to lead the recruitment themselves other options are available, including building your own process using our templates, with candidate management and admin support from our team.
On behalf of the whole FGB, the panel and our school more broadly, thanks again for all that you have done to support our recruitment.
It was very much appreciated by me and everyone. We literally couldn’t have done it without you as your professionalism and experience was invaluable.
Bruce Wilson – Chair of Governors, Colney Heath Junior Mixed Infant and Nursery School
It was the wraparound support that took most of the administration from the school onto the recruitment team (so we could focus on the candidates). Having an Advisor on site on the recruitment day was also invaluable, and helped ensure the day went very smoothly.
Excellent service, the enhanced package was very beneficial. All the HfL staff we had involvement with… were brilliant - THANK YOU
Mark Smith – Chair of Governors, Bengeo Primary School
The support was pretty comprehensive. Knowledge and experience of the process and ensuring nothing was left out. Very pleased with the responsiveness, guidance, advice and support received throughout the whole process - with an excellent appointment as the successful outcome!
David Callaghan - Chair of Governors, St Anthony's School
For more information please call one of the team on 01438 544476 or email email@example.com
Micklem Primary School Testimonial from Herts for Learning on Vimeo.