NQT induction service
NQT Induction Service
Induction is the bridge between training and a career in the teaching profession. In Hertfordshire, Herts for Learning is commissioned by Hertfordshire County Council to provide a robust NQT induction service for schools.
The NQT induction service ensures that newly qualified teachers are fully supported at every stage of the induction process and are registered, monitored, developed and assessed in line with National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) regulations.
The service also provides NQTs with access to extensive NQT-specific training and conferences, as well as a handbook and toolkit detailing the most up-to-date guidance on the NQT induction process.
‘The support I received from Herts for Learning in my NQT year was brilliant. Having the chance to have a conversation about the struggles of everyday teaching and reflect on them was very beneficial. This gave me the motivation and confidence to continue and pass the year. The external training and induction mentor gave me useful resources and strategies, as well as helping with all aspects of my teaching, which benefitted the behaviour and progress of my classes.’
- Hertfordshire NQT (2016/17)
Schools and Academies registering their NQTs with Herts for Learning can access:
- Administrative services for registration, monitoring and assessments, including returns to the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL)
- An online system for Headteachers, induction coordinators, tutors and NQTs
- An NQT induction handbook and toolkit for all NQTs and tutors detailing the most up to date
- Guidance on the induction process
- Telephone, email and face-to-face advice, support and guidance for Headteachers, Induction Coordinators, Tutors and NQTs
- A comprehensive induction training programme across the year and access to over 250 bespoke training courses per term
- Advice, support and guidance where NQTs experience difficulties
- Quality assurance to ensure consistency across schools
For more information on the NQT programme contact:
NQT Programme Co-ordinator
Herts for Learning
Phone: 01438 844755