How to apply
Register on the website
If you are starting your search for a job we recommend that you register some brief details on the website in order to set up a user account on the Teach in Herts website.
Your user account will enable you to:
- complete your online application details ready to apply for jobs
- manage your job applications
- update your online application details
- set up job alerts
- access any saved favourite jobs
Completing your online application form
You can complete your online application form at any time. This includes your personal details, education and employment history, a personal statement and declarations to comply with safe recruitment regulations.
Once you have completed the online application form this can be used to apply for different jobs. Your personal statement can be tailored to an individual job whilst keeping a master version for future applications. You will have the option to include a covering letter with your online application.
Some schools prefer candidates to complete the schools’ own application form rather than submit their application via the Teach in Herts online application process. The application options available will show when you apply for the job.
Apply for a job
If you have found a job you are interested in and want to apply for it, click the Apply for Job button on the advert.
You may be given a number of options to apply for the job:
- Apply online - submit the online application form saved in your Teach in Herts account
- Upload Word / PDF application form - download and complete the application form associated with the job, then upload your form and covering letter to submit your application.
- Email or post – download and complete an application form and email or post to the school at the contact details given in the job advert.
You may see the option to express an interest in a job on some job adverts. If you may be interested in this job or other jobs at this school, but at this stage don’t want to complete the full application process, you can send the school your name and contact phone number and they will call you for a discussion.