VIEW ALL OUR JOBS >
Brookland Infant & Nursery School is a successful and happy school set in attractive grounds which are shared with our linked Junior School. We have a friendly and supportive team of teachers and support staff.
The school is a 3 form entry Infant School with an intake of 90 children per year group. There is also a Nursery Class which has an intake of 60, organised into two sessions of 30 children. We offer some 30 hour extended care and extra places are available at Lulu's, a pre-school within our grounds.
Teaching staff work together in year group teams to plan a broad, balanced and exciting curriculum supported by their teaching assistants. We offer a positive & inclusive learning environment for staff and children. Our curriculum provides a creative approach to learning with memorable first hand experiences and ensures that children are well motivated.
During our successful OFSTED (May 2018) inspectors commented,
- Pupils behave well consistently. They are polite and confident and show a high degree of respect for one other, listening to each other’s viewpoints and working collaboratively.
- The primary physical education and sport funding for schools is being used well.
- The school’s caring ethos and underpinning values ensure that fundamental British values and pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development are effectively promoted.
- The curriculum is broad and balanced and has been designed to provide increasing links between subjects.
- Pupils say they feel safe in school and that when they have concerns staff take them seriously and sort them out. Parents agree that this is the case.
- Children in the early years show eagerness to explore and learn. They enjoy the range of opportunities provided both indoors and outside to investigate and learn happily together.