VIEW ALL OUR JOBS >
Mr Stephen Thompson, having served for 15 years on the Senior Leadership Team with Dr Valentine at St Clement Danes, as both Assistant Headteacher and then Deputy Headteacher, was appointed to the post of Headteacher at Croxley Danes School in December 2017.
The school’s core values are Excellence, Respect and Trust. Croxley Danes is heavily over-subscribed with 480 students across Years 7-9 who are aspirational, confident and have excellent attitudes to learning. They are extremely proud of being the first cohorts of students in a brand new school and excited about the future. Staff overwhelmingly report that they are delightful to teach and fun to have in the classroom. Their behaviour is excellent.
In September 2020, the school will move to its permanent accommodation at Baldwins Lane in Croxley Green, including a building with a capacity for over 1200 students. The permanent site for the school comprises 12.3 hectares. This far surpasses the need for a six form entry school, therefore the space afforded to the students on site will, compared to other local schools, be second to none. Furthermore, the permanent school building has been meticulously designed to ensure both students and staff experience a first-class learning environment. More details about (and images of) the permanent site can be found here: https://www.croxleydanes.org.uk/714/baldwins-lane-information-about-the-permanent-site
As a new school, we have an extremely keen, committed and cohesive staff group. The active staff room committee organise social events at least once per term. We are looking for colleagues who want to make a difference to the lives of the families we serve whilst also developing their own interests and careers; we hope they will, like our current staff, also enjoy working at our school.
- Children of staff are admitted under criterion 2 of the secondary transfer admission arrangements, after two years’ service.
- Free parking
- Exceptional CPD opportunities both within the Trust and across the Herts & Bucks Teaching School Alliance.
- NQT’s receive one-to-one mentoring
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
- Membership of the Teacher’s Pension Scheme
- Career development opportunities within an expanding Multi-Academy Trust.
Opportunities to expand your professional networks through the Trust’s external partnerships e.g. Science & Learning Partnership, Challenge Partners.
The Danes Educational Trust
The Danes Educational Trust currently comprises four schools: St Clement Danes School, Croxley Danes School, Chancellor’s School and Onslow St Audrey’s. Croxley Danes School, a new 11-18 secondary school opened in September 2017 using the outstanding St Clement Danes as its blueprint. In its first year of opening, Croxley Danes School operated from within the St Clement Danes site in Chorleywood. From 2018/19 it has been based in excellent temporary accommodation at Tolpits Lane, Rickmansworth, Watford whilst the permanent buildings are being constructed ay Baldwins Lane, Croxley Green. The school will move to its permanent accommodation at Easter 2020. Dr Josephine Valentine OBE is the CEO of the Danes Educational Trust. She was Headteacher of St Clement Danes School for 20 years. She is a National Leader in Education, a DfE Advisor and has oversight of both schools. If appointed, you will benefit from teaching within an established, outstanding Trust whilst also contributing to the education of the first cohorts of students in a new school at an exciting stage in its development.
The Trust’s core values are:
- We value joy in working, teaching and learning together
- We encourage everyone within our Trust to feel optimistic about the future and how they can shape it
- We support all individuals in developing resilience to enable them to respond to change and grow as a result
- We value and support the wellbeing of all individuals who learn and work in our schools
- We provide equality of opportunity and experience for all
- We provide a safe and secure learning environment for all