VIEW ALL OUR JOBS >
About Future Academies Watford
WHO WE ARE
Future Academies Watford is a state-funded secondary school based in Watford boasting state of the art buildings and cutting edge technologies. We are part of Future Academies, a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and six secondary schools in and around London and Hertfordshire. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. Our school and Trust are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school motto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone who is organised, good communicator and who is forward thinking in his or her approaches. We are developing an academic culture where the highest standards are expected of staff and students in line with the Future Academies belief system.
You will work closely with the Heads of Year in promoting student well-being in order to improve learning, in conjunction with form tutors, subject teachers, Heads of Department/ Faculty and the SENCO. To provide administrative and practical assistance for the Heads of Year. To have a high presence across the Academy during changes of lessons, during lessons, breaks, lunch and the end of the day.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
- Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
- Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
- Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
- State of the art building. The cutting-edge facilities offered by our £25 million building mean that both students and members of staff work and learn in an environment that inspires creativity and achievement, and creates an array of avenues for success through learning.
- Perkbox. Access to our employee benefits platform where you can access over 200 different Perks.
- Access to the government-backed Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Competitive salary and generous holiday entitlements alongside perks such as a season ticket loan and pension scheme.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email an application form, covering letter and CV to Rachel Taylor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information on working at Future Academies Watford and the role can be found in the attached applicant information pack. If you are interested in applying, please complete our application form and return this email@example.com